Saturday, November 17, 2012

Back to NYC!

Today, I take my last Antarctic flight back to Christchurch. I leave in about an hour in a C-17 cargo plane and will arrive in NZ around 11 PM to return my ECW's, get my luggage, and get to a hotel for what is essentially a nap and I'll head back to the airport bright and early for a 7 am flight to Sydney, Australia then LA then NYC (a total of 28 hours in airplanes). It will be great to be home with Josh!

I've learned a ton during my time here and have stayed warm and incredibly busy. I've made some good memories with some great friends, but I'm very ready to get home. I've missed night time, scents, plants, my home, my love, my Ella.

Goodbye, Antarctica! Thanks for a wonderful experience, inspiration, and memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment