Thursday, October 04, 2012

Packing, packing, and more packing

I've made several lists of the gear we've shipped, the gear we're carrying on, and even a giant list of my personal items to bring. Yesterday, I laid all of the listed items out in somewhat-organized piles, managed to stuff my two airline regulation duffel bags to the max - and will check them all the way through to Christchurch, NZ, plus one rolling carry-on. (I fly commercially to Christchurch, as this is where I have a couple of hours of Extreme Cold Weather gear distribution and computer screenings before my "ice flight"on a C-17 cargo plane to Antarctica on the 8th!)

The start of packing :

My little helper, Ella (she really wanted to go with me) :






































The almost-finished luggage results :

And an extra-special thanks to my dear friend Katie for a wonderfully encouraging note and patch :

I'd give myself an A+ in packing and utilizing my space and weight restrictions! Now I just have to get through the next day until I'm airport-bound.

2 comments:

  1. Alex Munday-PaulOctober 04, 2012

    I hope you packed warm socks and chapstick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I'm glad you found a place for that patch. Brrrr! This might be totally dorky but I'd like to see your packing lists! I'd such a nerd for packing lists and I love to see how other people make theirs.

    Have a relaxing commercial flight, and um, enjoy your ice flight!? WHAT? This is going to be crazy!

    xox

    ReplyDelete